Andrew’s out this week, so Rich and Matt take on two very different albums and artists, and have a polite discussion of Andrew’s pick of Portugal. The Man. Also discussed: novelty music, the original version of “I’m Going to Bring a Watermelon to my Girl Tonight,” not liking something versus something being bad, Industrial music and “Industrial-Lite”, shitty band names, band names with periods in them, overpriced band merchandise, discontinued band merchandise, and more.
Picks this week: The Bonzo Dog Band, Kanye West, and Portugal. The Man
- Want a Breath Mint?
- Max and Mina’s Ice Cream
- Gefilte Fish | Wikipedia
- Lutefisk | Wikipedia
- Kanye West | Wikipedia
- Kanye West – New Slaves (Live on SNL) | YouTube
- Kanye West – Black Skinhead (Live on SNL) | YouTube
- Kanye West – Yeezus [Explicit] | Amazon MP3
- Death Grips – I’ve Seen Footage
- Skype 188.8.131.526 for Mac
- KS Tumblr
- Keynsham – KS
- Bonzo Dog Band
- Neil Innes
- Vivian Stanshall
- Keynsham Sleeve Notes
- Fat Gal by Merle Travis in comic form – by Ken Struck, NOT Crumb as I said on the show – also, NSFW, and features a download of the song
- The Cult of Taste by Dr. Daryn Cash – KS
- Wax Fang – KS
- Kittysneezes T-Shirt!
- An MP3 of the original of “I”m Gonna Bring A Watermelon to my Girl Tonight“ from 1924 by Billy Jones and Ernest Hare, and does NOT include the ”Rope" line