A brief repeat discussion of misogyny in music fandom, followed by talk of headphones and the upcoming Long Winters concert in NYC lead off this jam-packed episode. Also discussed: music piracy, the origins of Krautrock, subscription services vis-à-vis iTunes Radio, and the usual set of digressions and ratholes as Crush On Radio returns.
Picks this week: Nine Inch Nails, Band of Horses, and Can.
- Want a Breath Mint?
- S2E6: A Very Special Crush On Radio
- Chvrches’ Lauren Mayberry: ‘I will not accept online misogyny’
- Nine Inch Nails on Dance Party USA | YouTube
- The Official CAN / Spoon Records Website
- Can (band) | Wikipedia
- Monster Movie (album) | Wikipedia
- Can – Monster Movie | Amazon MP3
- Yoo Doo Right | YouTube
- Yoo Doo Right | Wikipedia
- Holger Czukay on DEVO
- S2E3: Pleasant Enough in the Moment – Where we talk about The Shins
- Why I’ve (Mostly) Stopped Pirating Music | Sanspoint.
- Andrew on App.net
- RBH EP2s | The Wirecutter
- Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage | Amazon
- “Hand Covers Bruise” from The Social Network soundtrack | YouTube
- “The Funeral” – Band of Horses | YouTube
- Everything All the Time | iTunes
- Everything All the Time | Wikipedia